HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE WITH PAY
Our Employed Student Nurse (ESN) program provides a nursing employment opportunity to work in a clinical setting of up to 350 hours of hands-on experience with pay. These hours will help you consolidate your theory and clinical skills, build on your nursing practice and participate as a team member. In many cases, you can also apply your earned seniority towards your first RN/RPN job with us.
ESN educators and unit staff support your transition from student to new graduate nurse. ESN positions may be available at the following locations:
- Richmond Hospital (Richmond)
- Lions Gate Hospital (North Vancouver)
- Vancouver General Hospital (Vancouver)
- UBC Hospital (on the grounds of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver)
- Powell River Hospital (Powell River)
- Sechelt Hospital (Sechelt)
- R.W. Large Memorial Hospital (Bella Bella)
- Bella Coola General Hospital (Bella Coola)
- Community programs in various locations
Our program is unique and the opportunities are different at each location. Employment opportunities usually commence in the spring/summer to coincide with school breaks.
- Are continually enrolled full time in a recognized registered School of Nursing Program in British Columbia
- Have successfully completed 2nd Year BScN program or RPN program (or equivalent)
- Have successfully completed your Adult Medical-Surgical rotation in your BScN program or your Acute Psych rotation in your RPN program
- Are registered/eligible for registration with the CRNBC or CRPNBC as an Employed Student Registrant
- Have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Meet our recruitment screening requirements
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants apply online for an ESN opportunity
- Recruitment Services reviews applications and contacts qualified applicants for additional information
- Short listed applicants are contacted for interview
We have now completed the hiring for the Spring/Summer 2017 intake. Thank you to all who applied! We will be posting again this Winter for positions starting in Spring/Summer 2018. Stay tuned!
Thank you for your interest in Employed Student Nurse opportunities with Vancouver Coastal Health.