HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE WITH PAY
Our Employed Student Nurse (ESN) program provides a nursing employment opportunity to work in a clinical setting of up to 350 hours of hands-on experience with pay. These hours will help you consolidate your theory and clinical skills, build on your nursing practice and participate as a team member. In many cases, you can also apply your earned seniority towards your first RN/RPN job with us.
ESN educators and unit staff support your transition from student to new graduate nurse. ESN positions may be available at the following locations:
- Richmond Hospital (Richmond)
- Lions Gate Hospital (North Vancouver)
- Vancouver General Hospital (Vancouver)
- UBC Hospital (on the grounds of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver)
- Powell River Hospital (Powell River)
- Sechelt Hospital (Sechelt)
- R.W. Large Memorial Hospital (Bella Bella)
- Bella Coola General Hospital (Bella Coola)
- Community programs in various locations
Our program is unique and the opportunities are different at each location. Employment opportunities usually commence in the spring/summer to coincide with school breaks.
- Are continually enrolled full time in a recognized registered School of Nursing Program in British Columbia
- Have successfully completed 2nd Year BScN program or RPN program (or equivalent)
- Have successfully completed your Adult Medical-Surgical rotation in your BScN program or your Acute Psych rotation in your RPN program
- Are registered/eligible for registration with the CRNBC or CRPNBC as an Employed Student Registrant
- Have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Meet our recruitment screening requirements
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants apply online for an ESN opportunity
- Recruitment Services reviews applications and contacts qualified applicants for additional information
- Short listed applicants are contacted for interview
Our ESN posting for opportunities starting in the Spring/Summer of 2017 is now live and will be posted from December 19, 2016 (0600 hrs) to January 6, 2017 (2400 hrs).
Thank you for your interest in Employed Student Nurse opportunities with Vancouver Coastal Health.