|Job Title: ||Carpenter|
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital |
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - (1.00 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$30.44 per hour|
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor performs a variety of functions relating to renovation and finishing carpentry work. Performs a minimum of utility work.
Work performed will include:
- Performing renovation carpentry to Hospital and Building Code standards which includes framing, drywall, suspended ceilings and vinyl floors
- Fabricating and installing cupboards, counter tops, appliance enclosures and other related items as required.
- Hanging and repairing doors, repairing closets, cabinets and locks as required.
- Performing other related duties as required
Education & Experience:
- BC Journeyman Carpenter trade qualifications plus two years experience in renovation and finishing carpentry work or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.