|Job Title: ||Change Management Specialist - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
To learn more about CST please visit www.cstproject.ca
Reporting to the Director of Change Management, you will be responsible for supporting the creation and implementation of change management strategies for the CST project across Providence Health Care (PHC), Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in a manner suitable to each health organization’s culture to maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance.
In this role, you will:
- Play a key role in ensuring the project meets its objectives (benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes) on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage with a focus on employees.
- Focus on the people side of change (including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures) and the process side of change (communication, stakeholder engagement and assessment, education).
- Work to create safety inside of discomfort and ambiguity to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact employees at each health organization.
Acting as a coach and leader for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor, you may also provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions or directly to staff for the same purpose.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Change, or Business Administration or equivalent.
- Seven (7) to nine (9) years’ recent, related experience in leading change or technology change in a health care setting.
- Demonstrated recent knowledge of the systems, culture and organizational systems intelligence for health organizations.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and leadership in Organizational Change.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team and fostering a respectful, motivating and supportive environment.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in change theory and adoption principles and how these principles can be translated into implementation strategies to generate positive outcomes for patients.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships and influence senior leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean or related process improvement principles.
- Demonstrated ability to see the "whole picture" in relation to the project.
- Proven ability to influence, engage, collaborate on and coordinate change activities successfully and positively across multiple organizations.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing with various stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with project management approaches and methodology
- Experience with large scale organizational change efforts
- Experience with strategic planning and tactics and problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to influence others to move towards a common vision
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 093224-ale.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.