|Job Title:||Clinical Architect, Enterprise Clinical Informatics - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Reporting to the Director of enterprise Clinical Informatics, you will lead the development and application of the overall enterprise clinical content strategy and will provide informatics leadership in the integration of clinical content, decision support, and operational processes into the validated enterprise standard.
The Clinical Architect will provide informatics solution expertise to enhance the overall adoption of content and optimize the functionality with the goal of helping realize the clinical drivers and goals of the CST program.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Health Sciences Profession and Master’s Degree in a clinical area, computer science, informatics, information systems or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience working in a direct clinical care capacity and with healthcare systems implementation, supplemented by additional years’ experience working with clinical information systems related to clinical knowledge management or clinical content design.
- Demonstrated experience working with a large vendor implementation strongly recommended. Experience with Cerner preferred.
- Demonstrated experience incorporating knowledge management in organizational EHRs and a demonstrated understanding of the complexities of health informatics infrastructure.
- Broad knowledge and experience in advanced technology solutions in large, complex environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the healthcare information systems life cycle.
- Demonstrated knowledge of inpatient and outpatient care environments and workflow processes
- Demonstrated knowledge in data modelling, data standards and use of standardized nomenclatures
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in gathering and prioritizing user requirements and change requests.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences, and the ability to translate complex concepts into a format that is readily understood by all stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrix team environment; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative working environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to resolve conflict and negotiate compromise solutions where necessary.
- Expert analytical skills and knowledge and skills in formal systems analysis techniques.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition #085292-cho in.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.