|Job Title: ||Clinical Informatics Analyst - CST Project - 2 Vacancies|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
To learn more, please visit othe CST Project website at www.cstproject.ca
As a Clinical Informatics Analyst, you will report to the Clinical Informatics Director and provide a key role in operationalizing CST goals, drivers and key clinical priorities both at enterprise level and at program/specialty level.
As part of the Clinical Informatics team, you will:
- Lead CST strategies and plans related to clinical systems implementation and ongoing optimization at the site level and develop business plans.
- Identify and articulate gaps between current and future state clinical business processes and lead ongoing review and revision of clinical content within clinical applications to reflect best practice.
- Through consultation with a variety of stakeholders, collect requirements, facilitate analysis, and ensure validation through design & build and integration into clinical workflows at site level.
- Participate in program evaluation and quality improvement for clinical information systems including gathering and analyzing utilization patterns, statistics, PSLS reports and change requests.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst provides project management and support for all phases of assigned clinical systems development and implementation projects and also provides guidance to assigned team members. As always, continuous quality improvement and patient safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or in another health care related discipline plus five (5) years’ recent, related experience in a clinical setting.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Sciences, Health Administration or Health Informatics preferred.
- Valid BC driver’s license as local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic clinical concepts, clinical care processes, technologies and workflow methods for purposes of analysis, design, development, implementation and enhancements of clinical information systems and applications.
- Keen understanding of the health care delivery, from a patient to clinician relationship, clinician to clinician relationship, and from health system operations perspective.
- Knowledge of clinical policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Expertise in the clinical utilization of clinical information systems.
- Proven consistent ability to keep up with new technologies as they are introduced to the workplace.
- Working knowledge of systems analysis and design techniques.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Excellent presentation, interviewing, and facilitating skills.
- Superior consulting skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize workload and priorities.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 092147-ale.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.