|Job Title: ||Contracts Manager - Physician Relations and Compensation|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Reporting to the Leader, Contracted Physician Services, you will be responsible for comprehensive contract management services and administration of all physician contracts for the assigned Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) clinical service portfolio/area.
As the Contracts Manager, you'll provide expertise and guidance to senior clinical and operational leadership and support the service and accountability objectives of the organization’s Physician Contracting and Compensation Policy Framework.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Providing timely advice and assessment to medical and operations leadership regarding range of contract and compensation options available to meet particular needs for contracted physician services.
- Ensuring due diligence is applied to the development of new contracts by identifying risk issues (financial, appropriateness of services, external compliance, etc.)
- Managing and leading the contract renewal plan for portfolio of assigned contracts.
- Preparing drafts for contract proposals and assisting in the negotiations for new or renewed contracts.
- Liaising with VCH Finance to ensure that all payments are supported by valid contracts and all necessary documentation required by a contract is in place.
- Ensuring that all contracts, associated documents and correspondence relating to a contract are entered into the Contract Database.
- Meeting on a regular basis with relevant operations designates to review contract performance and service profiles against contract requirements.
- Monitoring and analyzing contract revenue recoveries and taking measures to ensure maximization of revenue assignment where that is a feature of a contract.
- Identifying variances to required contract performance and possible remedial options.
- Providing analysis and briefing documents related to specific contract performance issues including use of data from a variety of sources (financial, internal and/or external clinical and administrative data, MSP and related data).
- Providing expert advice on the interpretation of contracts either directly or by accessing the appropriate expertise.
- Participating or leading in various process or quality improvement projects related to the work of the department.
- Working with representatives of other Health Authorities and other data custodians to support physician compensation analysis and reporting initiatives.
- Working with Information Management / Information Technology and other VCH staff to support timely, reliable and consistent data reporting and analysis.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, supplemented by three (3) to five (5) years’ recent, related experience.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service orientation, with an ability to be innovative and participate with others to reach organizational objectives.
- Ability to work in a complex organization and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to participate on a multi-disciplinary team and ensure deadlines and milestones are met.
- Ability to adapt and produce high quality results in a constantly changing and developing environment
- Excellent computer skills in order to access and manipulate data from various systems to produce financial and other analysis and reports.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate recommendations to senior levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial planning, monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- Strong analytical ability to meaningfully interpret and present data.
- Comprehensive understanding of the full accounting and budgeting cycle.
- Effective leadership and communication skills to foster a respectful and motivating environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
VCH Management Competencies:
You question actions inconsistent with our values
You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you
You hire great people and expect great things from them
You inspire others with your thirst for excellence
You create an environment where people can flourish and grow
You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group.
Courage to Innovate
You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability
You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 093810-mpe.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.