|Job Title: ||Senior Project Analyst - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until February 2019|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
To learn more about the incredible work being done, please visit www.cstproject.ca
Reporting to the Director, CST Project Management Office, the Senior Project Analyst is an integral team member responsible for providing leadership in the project-wide analysis, documentation, prioritization, and alignment of requests and requirements for the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing the Integrated Project Plan, status reports, schedules, milestones and deliverables, contract logs, project issues & risks, budgets and expenses, project dependencies, project organizational charts, and other project responsibilities as required.
- Highlighting issues and proactively proposing mitigation strategies across projects where warranted to resolve common issues.
- Supporting the project’s governance structure, including the development of meeting agenda, meeting materials, tracking & follow-up on decision and actions, and preparation of meeting minutes.
- Acting as an advisor to all levels of the project team by assessing and analyzing project trends, identifying risk mitigation strategies and opportunities and monitoring risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Gathering , analyzing and summarizing project related data (e.g. key performance metrics, financials, status trend etc.), and presents findings in support of project and reporting requirements.
- Providing proactive project support to the Project Manager/Project Director to develop any briefing notes, presentations, status reporting and other related reports.
- Establishing and acting as custodians of PMO processes, policies, procedures and project control documentation. Monitors and ensure processes and policies are being adhered to.
- Interacting with stakeholders at all levels; receives input from stakeholders; prepares reports for all levels of governance and stakeholders.
- Speaking to technology requirements and business needs.
- Creating workable solutions to address business problems.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or in a field related to Project Management, plus a minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience in a project management office setting preferably in a healthcare environment or in a large scale project setting.
- PMP designation or PRINCE2 certification an asset.
- Superior analytical skills for data, documentation and workflows, including the ability to comprehend, analyze and resolve complex issues and present information in concise meaningful ways.
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to document work appropriately.
- Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies; contract management; documentation of workflows; health care setting and analytical tools.
- Demonstrable skills planning scope, directing staff members, handling change requests, impacts, and tracking tasks, actions, risks, issues and impacts.
- Resourceful; well-organized; systematic analysis; strategic thinking; critical thinking; attention to detail; leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated technical writer.
- Knowledge of information technology applications and outcomes achieved through new platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, good judgment and initiative, deal with frequent changes; make decisions for a wide variety of complex business matters.
- Demonstrated ability to use database, spreadsheet and word processing software at an advanced level. Specifically Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately February 2019.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to staffpostings.vch.ca for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.