|Job Title: ||Director, Change Management - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Offices - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until December 2017|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
To learn more, please visit our project website at www.cstproject.ca
Reporting to the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project Management Office (PMO), you will be responsible for overseeing the strategy, management, implementation and adoption of new clinical process and technological change across Providence Health Care (PHC), Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
To do this successfully, you're key involvements will include:
- Leading the development and implementation of the strategic change management direction throughout the project and integrating change management activities into the project plan.
- Leading and facilitating the strategy to enable the positive transition and adoption of new processes across the health organizations and clinical teams by helping clients own the change process and the integration of new technology into the provision of care.
- Providing leadership and guidance to direct reports including coaching and mentoring staff, performance evaluations and enabling development opportunities and participating in recruitment activities.
- Collaborating with health organization and other change leaders as well as other CST project leaders to successfully lead change consistently across all organizations.
- Generating and actioning a strategy to address any barriers to adoption.
- Developing a change management strategy and applicable change management deliverables for the project (ie. resistance plan; coaching plan) and regularly refreshing the change management project plan to align with the CST master design schedule and unique needs of each phase of the project.
- Coordinating a user and organizational readiness assessment and a Change Impact Statement.
- Collaborating with clinical leaders to gain input from various sources and influence design, education, and implementation approaches.
- Working closely with all the enabling and supporting stakeholders within the Project PMO and Health Organizations.
- Defining and measuring the change management success metrics, tracks and reports progress and issues and preparing risk mitigation strategies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Change, or Business Administration or equivalent.
- Seven (7) to nine (9) years’ recent, related experience in leading change or technology change in a health care setting.
- Exceptional knowledge and leadership in Organizational Change including demonstrable expert knowledge in change theory and adoption principles and how these principles can be translated into implementation strategies to generate positive outcomes for patients.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team and fostering a respectful, motivating and supportive environment coupled with the ability to manage relationships and influence senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to see the "whole picture" in relation to the project.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence, engage, collaborate on and coordinate change activities successfully and positively across multiple organizations.
- Familiarity with project management approaches and methodology
- Experience with large scale organizational change efforts
- Experience with strategic planning and tactics and problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean or related process improvement principles.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 092597-ale.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately December 2017.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.