|Job Title: ||Director - Client Relations & Risk Management - Vancouver|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time - Baseline (1.00 FTE)|
As Director - Client Relations & Risk Management, you'll report in a matrix relationship to the Senior Medical Director and Regional Director, Client Relations and Risk Management and be responsible and accountable for providing leadership in the management of clinical and operational risk, and collaborating with Corporate Finance in the management of financial risk for the Vancouver Community of Care (CoC).
In this role you will directly supervise the Client Relations and Risk Management team for the Vancouver CoC and collaborate with the Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Client Relations & Risk Management staff to ensure overall consistency and standardization of processes and systems. You'll represent your Community of Care in dealings with legal counsel, insurers and other external agencies in investigating and managing claims involving patients and identify and resolve other risk management issues.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will also provide leadership and support to Vancouver leaders and staff in ensuring that quality improvement strategies and processes are applied to the management of client relations and risk management issues.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Minimizing risk exposure through the proactive identification and management of potential high-risk incidents both internal and external to the organization.
- Developing and implementing of effective systems, methods and support allowing for optimal management of administrative, operational and clinical risk, including the application of quality improvement strategies and processes.
- Implementing risk management/client relations practices consistent with those across VCH.
- Developing effective financial and workforce plans within operational demands and environmental constraints.
- Ensuring effective performance management processes are in place for an interdisciplinary and multi-site environment.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration
- Seven to ten (7 to 10) years’ recent, related experience in progressively senior leadership roles with responsibility for leading risk management and client relations issues management activities, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to effectively and pro-actively coordinate strategies, systems, and processes to reduce risk, minimize and manage client complaints and claims, and collaborate with others to improve quality and safety for VCH.
- Exception ability to apply technical and analytical expertise to assess and support risk and situation management activities, and to establish and implement risk management and quality improvement strategies to support the organization.
- Strong ability to oversees, assists with, and/or conducts timely risk assessments in response to requests and consults with the appropriate leader concerning issues with safety, financial or other implications requiring immediate attention.
- Superior judgment and political expertise to communicate sensitive information, and effectively persuade and negotiate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong ability to expertly interpret and implement legal and other regulatory obligations and responsibilities of VCH in the context of relevant legislation, regulations, common law and other changing standards.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 094572-mpe.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.