|Job Title: ||Director of Finance - Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) is one of the largest healthcare projects in British Columbia’s history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a large-scale transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, healthcare providers and health organizations.
To learn more, please visit www.cstproject.ca
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer of the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project, you will be responsible for overall financial control, governance, and budget management of the project as well as providing strategic and operations support to the project's financial management.
You'll collaborate closely with the Director, Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure that objectives are delivered to scope, schedule and budget.
Primarily working with the CST Project Management Office (PMO), Steering Committee, Project Teams and the Health Organization (HO) Finance Leads, key areas of responsibility will include:
- financial leadership and advisory
- budget planning and monitoring
- financial reporting and analysis
- business support & costing
- forecasting and modeling
To succeed in this role, you will provide exceptional leadership and guidance to the CST project finance team and assume overall responsibility for the financial monitoring and reporting of the project’s financial results against the budget.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline plus completion a professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA)
- A minimum of seven (7) years of recent, related experience in progressively senior leadership roles, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of business and/or project administration including strategic and operational planning.
- Broad knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial, administrative and contract management, audit and program evaluation principles and practices.
- Demonstrated analytical and evaluation skills coupled with strong planning, monitoring, analytical, evaluation and reporting expertise.
- Knowledge of project planning, implementation and forecasting approaches with proven ability to design, implement and manage complex planning, reporting and business processes.
- Results oriented within a high-pressure working environment that has numerous critical timelines coupled with excellent ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a leader including coaching and facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, stakeholders (individually and in groups) with strong ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with with all stakeholders (internal and external)
- Proven leadership, management and supervisory experience with an excellent sense of corporate and project priority and strong business acumen are critical.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically and creatively solve complex problems within a dynamic and changing environment.
- Broad knowledge of computerized financial systems and procedures coupled with strong computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and database software(s).
- Experience working in a PMO environment would be an asset
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition #088354-cho.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- This position will remain posted externally until it is filled.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.