|Job Title: ||eLearning Specialist - CST Project - 3 Positions|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Learn more about how you can be part of this exciting project at www.cstproject.ca
Reporting to the eLearning Lead, you will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating online and blended learning education programs and training modules using a variety of learning modalities and software tools.
Working in a team environment and in conjunction with content and curriculum developers, subject matter experts, leaders and others (instructional designers, graphic designers, managers, and other teams), you'll develop quality interactive learning materials and support strategic project planning initiatives to recommend enhancements to the learning management system to support online learning objectives.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing, implementing and evaluating strategic approaches to distributed interactive learning materials to ensure consistent and effective service delivery and support project goals.
- Effectively assessing competencies and learning needs through problem solving, root cause analysis and consultation to allow for the development of appropriate training programs/tools and recommendations for action to address needs and performance gaps utilizing eLearning modalities.
- Designing and delivering interactive learning materials using a variety of learning modalities and eLearning software development tools.
- Managing content development projects using a variety of strategies and facilitation tools.
- Coaching and supporting subject matter experts in the appropriate writing environment and course curriculum.
- Reviewing and editing incoming content from subject matter experts to ensure that it follows the appropriate instructional design template and proofreading and editing content for clarity and correct grammar.
- Developing guidelines, structures and processes for online interactive learning materials development in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Researching the functionality of the learning technologies used by the team, developing appropriate training plans and training assigned co-workers and clients in the use of the these tools.
- Maintaining your own technical skillset through participation in communities of practice, membership of Provincial eLearning collaboratives, and relevant educational opportunities.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Master’s Degree in a related field plus five (5) years of recent, related experience in eLearning development and delivery or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in educational theory, research, technology and related best practices as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to support and enhance content development.
- Superior group facilitation, team building, negotiating, conflict resolution skills and an interactive teaching style to engage learners with a variety of different learning styles and facilitate critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Fosters creativity and innovation in strategic planning involving learning and development and in the development of teaching and learning strategies.
- Superior written communication abilities and proficient computer skills in the design and composition of creative high quality, interactive learning materials.
- Superior process design and project management abilities applied in the design and development of learning and development initiatives.
- Familiarity and experience of an Agile project management and eLearning development process an advantage
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 093173-ale.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.