|Job Title: ||Human Resources Advisor|
|Work Site: ||Powell River Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - (0.64 FTE)|
As a Human Resources Advisor at Vancouver Coastal Health, the key outcome of your role will be to promote enhanced staff productivity and employee relations in our Powell River Hospital location.
Provide advice, support and education to clients in the areas of:
- Staff Productivity Initiatives (AWP, vacation smoothing, Duty to Accommodate).
- Conducts AWP meetings with participation from the manager, employee and union and administers VCH’s AWP program.
- Coaches in the use of vacation smoothing techniques and principles.
- Works in collaboration with the DTA Team to facilitate accommodations.
- Change Initiatives (Section 54 labour adjustment, displacements, restructuring)
- Utilizes targeted communication strategies for unions, employees and other stakeholders to provide information, gain acceptance and support change initiatives. Establishes and initiates and evaluates change initiative plans through collaboration with managers and other stakeholders.
- Develops organizational/people development strategies that promote department/program redesign, facilitate customer service understanding and acceptance of change.
- Ensures consistent application of processes and procedures related to displacements, and transfers.
- Staff Conduct/Performance (respectful communication, continuous communication, employee development, personal conflict, performance management/discipline, human rights).
- Coaches managers in the use of performance evaluation systems, continuous communication, respectful communication, and the development of performance plans.
- Ensures consistent application of processes and procedures related to human rights complaints.
- Labour Relations (union/management grievance administration, essential services, labour relations code, collective agreement interpretation, selections).
- Investigates issues/grievances, maintains accurate documentation and engages discussions with management and union representatives to achieve effective resolutions and encourage positive and proactive union/management relations.
- Leads and facilitates resolution of disputes related to discipline and dismissal, grievance, investigations, third party preparations and advocacy.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of customer needs and objectives, engages other staff, team members and unions to proactively identify and resolve related issues.
- Interprets and applies collective agreements, Employee Engagement policies, legislative requirements and other legal documents.
- Ensures consistent application of processes and procedures related to internal posting selections.
- Education and Training.
- Provides education and training to managers, supervisors and staff related to: performance management, Human Rights, collective agreement administration, respect and conflict resolution.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in a related field and/or a Human Resources certificate from a recognized post secondary institution, plus five (5) to seven (7) years of recent related experience in a unionized environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Both membership with the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia adn the Yukon and CPHR designations are assets.
- horizontal thinker
- verbal and written communication
- emotional intelligence
- conflict resolution
- creative solution-focused
- current computer literacy in Excel, Power Point, Word
- labour code
- collective agreements
- human rights code
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 098345-kco.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.