|Job Title: ||Immunization Clinical Resource Nurse (Communicable Disease Control)|
|Work Site: ||Communicable Disease Control - 601 West Broadway, Vancouver |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As Soon As Possible |
|Salary: ||$39.16 - $48.00 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1630 Monday to Friday with Sat/Sun/Stats off |
The Immunization Clinical Resource Nurse supports core competencies for immunization practice through education, mentorship, and by acting as a clinical resource for nurses and other immunizing health care providers. Supports all aspects of assessing, planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating the immunization program. Participates in the development of policy, procedures, consultation, education and research for VCH Immunization programs. Consults, confers, and collaborates with community immunizers including medical staff, primary care physicians, and other health care professionals. Practices in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) standards (professional & practice) and code of ethics.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration with CRNBC.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing supplemented with three (3) years’ recent related public health nursing experience.
- Valid and current immunization certification (BCCDC).
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory bodies and the Health Professions Act, as well as demonstrated knowledge of professional governance, operation of the colleges and directives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the CRNBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Demonstrated knowledge and recent experience in current immunization program activities including program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability in delivering immunization activities for priority populations (e.g. Infant, child, youth, and special adult populations such as immunosuppressed and transplant populations)
- Demonstrated ability in applying adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to support Core Competencies for immunization including principles and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, coach and facilitate.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, objectively and effectively in groups, one-on-one, and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader, and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to colleagues and to develop collaborative leadership with partners.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation with colleagues, and community partners
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with PARIS electronic health record system, email, word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.