- Current Opportunities
- Who We Hire
- Why Choose VCH
Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title:||Leader, End of Life, Palliative Approach to Care Palliative Care|
|Work Site:||Richmond Hospital|
|Status:||Temporary Full Time - Term Specific Position - Until approximately May 2019|
Reporting to the Director, End of Life, the Leader provides leadership for the implementation of a palliative approach to care at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). The Leader is responsible and accountable for the planning and design required for initiating, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating the palliative approach to care work. Develops implementation plans and ensures that plans align with best practices. Assists with establishing organizational competencies including organizational awareness and promotion of palliative approach to care, effective and varying levels of staff education to facilitate appropriate confidence and competencies among staff and development of a standardized system for identifying and documenting clients who may benefit from a palliative approach to care.
The Leader will work regionally to ensure consistency where appropriate in end of life priorities as well as assist each Community of Care (CoC) and Providence Healthcare as required.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Broad knowledge of health care policies, procedures, regulations and legislative environment.
• Demonstrated business and political acumen to lead organization and program change initiatives; possesses health environment and political awareness.
• Ability to inspire others and promote innovation.
• Ability to lead with integrity and trust, build effective teams and foster potential of team members.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others both within and outside of the organization.
• Demonstrated customer focus and ability to engage stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a highly dynamic environment subject to continuous change.
• Demonstrated project planning and strategic planning skills.
• Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of professional education.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and with changing priorities and deadlines.
• Proficiency in the use of office software applications as effective tools to achieve results.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 094278-ale. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes May 22, 2017. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Share this job: