|Job Title: ||Locksmith|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$30.44 per hour|
|Hours: ||0730 - 1530|
The successful candidate will:
- Perform skilled locksmithing work at the journeyman level in the installation, repair and maintenance of locks and lock related hardware using various power tools, wrenches, files, pliers, chisels, saws, screwdrivers and key extractors.
- Design and maintain key systems and maintain related computerized/manual records.
- Re-key cylinders and duplicate and/or create keys using tools such as a key duplicating machine and code cutting machine.
- Maintain hospital safes and cypher locks by changing combinations and/or making minor repairs as necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 10 plus two years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Trades Qualification Certificate as a Journeyman Locksmith recognized by the Province of British Columbia.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.