|Job Title: ||Manager - Adult and Older Adult Programs|
|Work Site: ||Pender Community Health Centre|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
As the Manager, Adult and Older Adult Programs, you will be responsible for the planning, delivery and evaluation of a broad spectrum of community and home based programs including clinical and primary care services as well as health promotion and preventative approaches to care.
As an active member of the Community Health Area management team, you will work within a population health framework and lead a multidisciplinary staff in the delivery of quality services that address the health issues of adults and older adults, and increases the capacity of the local community to meet local needs.
Duties and Responsibilities will include
- Reviewing the local health issues and assessing and monitoring the health status of the local adult and older adult population using a population health approach.
- Establishing the objectives and goals of the Community Health Area service plan to address local health issues of the adult/older adult population and to improve community capacity.
- Working collaboratively with other members of the local management team in establishing objectives, goals and strategies of the Adult and Older Adult ((AOA) program and developing policies and standards for AOA programs.
- Creating opportunities for public involvement in the development and evaluation of programs.
- Implementing an integrated service plan, defining program strategies, priorities and resource requirements.
- Evaluating the effectiveness and appropriateness of the services according to quality indicators in collaboration with the community, consumers, other program managers and staff.
- Developing and implements integrated, interdisciplinary teams serving specific age-based populations; ensuring that integrated intake care planning and coordination are achieved.
- Developing a network of service providers serving the adult and older adult population and liaises with other health agencies, program managers, and consumers to ensure coordination and a continuum of care across the system that meet the area’s service plans requirements.
- Participating as a member of the management team to develop consistent administrative practices and site operational standards, to ensure a coordinated system between age-based programs.
- Responsibility and accountability for the following key human resource functions for all staff involved in the planning, delivery and evaluation of Adult and Older Adult Programs in the CHA for Community Health Services:
- Recruitment and selection,
- Classification and compensation,
- Performance assessment and enhancement,
- Administration of the grievance process in the various agreements. (Administering the grievance process includes representing Community Health Services in all steps of the discipline process up to and including the final discharge decision.)
- Interpreting and administers collective agreements.
- Managing the program operating budget(s).
- Monitoring resource expenditures, identifying anticipated trends.
- Performing related job duties as required.
- Masters Degree in a relevant health discipline or related field.
- Seven years of recent experience in health planning and administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in introducing and managing organizational change.
- Proven commitment to health reform.
- Proven leadership skills in program development and evaluation, the supervision of staff and managing multidisciplinary teams.
- Thorough knowledge of the service provider principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of community development and public involvement strategies.
- Demonstrated commitment to consumer driven care, health promotion, health reform and an employee involvement workplace.
- Strong supervisory and management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong background in developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships.
- Experience utilizing a variety of problem solving and dispute resolution strategies.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 095615-ale.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.