|Job Title: ||Manager, Home Support Services (North Shore)|
|Work Site: ||Central Community Health Centre - North Vancouver|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time - Baseline (1.00 FTE)|
As the Manager, Home Support Services you will report to the Director, Community & Family Health Program and assume responsibility for the delivery of effective and efficient home support services on the North Shore.
In this diverse, challenging and rewarding role, you will:
- Provide leadership and management of the human, financial and material resources
- Incorporate best practices in education and research
- Direct planning, implementation and evaluation of home support services and activities related to utilization and risk management
- Ensure quality improvement of the service
- Lead an interdisciplinary team and works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family-centred care.
You will develop and sustain positive relationships across the Health Authority as well as with clients and community partners in order to mobilize responsive delivery of care.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Participating in strategic planning for Community & Family Health in the Coastal Community of Care (CoC)
- Developing an Operating Plan to implement the vision, values and goals of Vancouver Coastal Health Authority (VCH) and Coastal CoC
- Creating an effective workforce plan to meet operational needs
- Making knowledgeable recommendations for budget development and seeks remedies for budget variances.
- Promoting effective and efficient practices and processes for monitoring/measuring the use of human and material resources and the quality of care rendered within allocated budget
- Ensuring that processes and systems are continuously reviewed and improved, outcomes are measured and improvements are implemented.
- Applying effective performance management processes in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Supporting clarity of roles, adherence to accreditation and practice standards and safe delivery of services
- Seeking educational opportunities for staff to learn and incorporate best practices in Home Support
- Developing collaborative partnerships to facilitate optimal delivery of home support services to address client and family priorities while reducing gaps and overlaps
- Providing leadership in the resolution of ethical, legal and clinical issues
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Masters Degree in Health or Business Administration plus 7-10 years of management experience in the health sector or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills and experience with staffing, scheduling, human resource and financial management.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association as appropriate.
- Computer literacy with word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of relevant departmental policies, provincial and municipal legislative requirements and other programs and processes related to home support and long term care.
- Strong ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate programs/services considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Strong understanding of available resources for the program with the ability to keep quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships and supports the ongoing development of staff.
- Skill and knowledge in the application of Procura software.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 094759-ale.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.