|Job Title: ||Manager, Primary Care & Addictions Services|
|Work Site: ||VC Three Bridges CHC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Reporting to the Director, the Manager, Primary Care and Addictions Services is responsible for the planning, delivery and evaluation of a broad spectrum of community programs that emphasize health promotion, prevention, primary and addictions care across diverse ages and populations.
As an active member of the Community Health Area management team, you will:
- Provide leadership and direction for operations management, planning, implementation and evaluation of services and activities within the areas of responsibility.
- Lead an inter-disciplinary team and work as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centered care, education and research.
Your primary interactions and communications will be with:
- Other Managers and Directors
- Physicians within the Community of Care (CoC) and Vancouver Coastal Health
- Executive Directors of contracted agencies, leads of medical program and transition teams, and the Senior Management Team
- Community and health authority partners such as municipal government, provincial ministries, schools, police, and emergency services.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses as well as seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system required.
- Strong ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- An understanding of available resources for program/unit and with ability to keep quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions
- Ability to provide feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Strong facilitation, collaboration and negotiation skills for the effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
- Promoting development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 097123-ale.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.