Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Manager, Residential Care/Services |
|Work Site: ||Hilltop House LTC Facility|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time - Baseline (1.00 FTE)|
Reporting to the Director, is accountable for the effective and efficient functioning of the program and for providing leadership and direction to management of program operations and utilization, risk and quality improvement activities. Leads an inter-disciplinary team and works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers. Achieves excellence in client and family centred care and education within a complex health care environment. Manages staff and fosters a healthy, collaborative labour relations culture in an environment with multiple collective agreements. Designs and implements methods for community involvement by building community capacity and utilizing development strategies. Supports health service providers to work as teams that respect and value the contributions of each other and encourage innovation and excellence. Provides leadership to clinical and non-clinical health care/service providers working in the program area. Collaborates with key internal and external stakeholders. Interacts with Program Managers, Finance and Maintenance staff and Managers, Volunteers, Support Service Managers, Community Case Managers and other corporate services.QUALIFICATIONS:
Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession plus five (5) to seven (7) year’s recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current registration/membership with a recognized professional organization. Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheets, database programs and email as well as the ability to utilize a patient care information system.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate programs considering current and future client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential.
• Exhibits comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of departmental policies, legislative requirements and other standards/processes relevant to residential care and related programs.
• Employs excellent verbal and written communication skills to transfer and receive information to ensure clarity of the message.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for the program, keeping quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
• Utilizes skills in analysis and evaluation for developing reliable outcome information to support appropriate resource allocation.
• Utilizes project management and change management principles and techniques to successfully implement a change initiative.
• Utilizes effective facilitation skills to collaboratively negotiate resolution to complex human resources and other issues.
• Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Fosters collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 091019-ale. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes February 3, 2017. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process
. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca
site for How to Apply
instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.