|Job Title: ||Manager - Squamish Mental Health & Addictions Team|
|Work Site: ||Squamish, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Reporting to the Director, Mental Health & Addictions, this position is responsible for the delivery of effective and efficient mental health & addiction services for the Squamish Mental Health and Addictions team.
Providing leadership and direction for operations management, planning, implementation and evaluation of mental health and/or addiction services and activities related to utilization and risk management, you'll play a critical role in addressing the ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families and ensure a smooth transition from the acute care environment to appropriate community health services.
You'll get to both lead and be part of an inter-disciplinary team that works in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centered care, education and research.
Primary interactions and communications will be with other Managers, Directors, physicians within the Delivery Area and Vancouver Coastal Health, the Executive Directors of contacted agencies, leads of medical program and transition teams, the Health Services Delivery Area (HSDA) Senior Management Team, and community and health authority partners such as municipal government, provincial ministries, schools, police, and emergency services.
Duties and Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Defining an effective workforce plan in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders that ensures the availability of adequate staff within the context of operational demands and environmental and resource constraints.
- Leading the development and implementation of innovative and creative approaches for delivery of high quality, value added and efficient services, to support long term strategies and effectively address the mental health issues of individuals and increase capacity of the local community to meet local needs and expectations.
- Providing leadership to staff, which will include
- hiring, training and evaluating staff
- creating an environment that fosters growth, development, knowledge sharing and recognition.
- resolving work/staff problems and issues
- initiating disciplinary action (as needed) up to and including termination
- ensuring staff outcomes are met and adherence to accreditation, regulatory, and safety standards.
- Collaborating in the development, monitoring and adherence of annual capital and operating budgets to complement strategic directions.
- Developing effective and efficient practices and processes to measure use of resources and the quality of care rendered within allocated budget.
- Implementing and applying effective performance management processes in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Coordinating quality improvement and risk management activities and facilitating the implementation of approved modifications and evaluation of process effectiveness to ensure optimal use of organizational resources and safe delivery of client care.
- Fostering partnerships and establishing systems that facilitate optimal mental health & addiction services delivery to address client and family priorities, reduce or eliminate service gaps, ensure seamless client flow throughout the continuum of care, project future needs and recommend or implement new initiatives and revisions to programs/services.
- Providing leadership in redesigning systems and acting as a Project Manager as required, conducts needs assessments, assists with defining project scope and resource needs, works with integrated project teams, reports on project status, and ensures projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and with a high standard of quality.
- Overseeing the collection of statistical and performance data, facilitates the interface between research and operations, and recommends and implements operational changes based upon the analysis and reporting of this data.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Master’s degree in a relevant health care profession
- Five (5) to Seven (7) year’s recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience in a mental health & addictions service setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional organization.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, email applications, spreadsheets, and/or database programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of relevant departmental polices provincial and municipal legislative requirements and other programs and processes related to the application of mental health and addiction services.
- Strong ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate programs/services considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources for program/services and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships and supports the ongoing development of staff.
- Utilizes knowledge of project management principles and techniques in a multi-site health care environment.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 089321-ale.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- This position will remain posted externally until filled.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to staffpostings.vch.ca for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.