|Job Title: ||Manager - Staffing Optimization|
|Work Site: ||VCH Corporate Offices|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Reporting to the Director, Workforce Scheduling Services (WSS), the Manager oversees and leads clinical leadership on workforce transformation and for the promotion of effective clinical workforce staffing models across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
In this exciting and challenging role, you will:
- Act act as a senior resource and create a transparent and systematic approach to organizational vacancy, reconciliation, regularization and relief pool strategies;
- Lead the development of an education strategy to build manager capacity in workforce planning, optimization and staffing activities; and,
- Provide coaching and education of key strategic workforce/scheduling programs to enable the planning, building and optimization of workforce and clinical operations to meet VCH Staffing Model Targets.
Key Accountabilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading and implementing the organization’s strategy for the WSS staffing optimization programming designed to educate and support VCH clinical operational leads.
- Overseeing and leading resolution for complex staffing matters which could include identifying staffing utilization opportunities through coaching and education of key strategic workforce/scheduling initiatives to operational managers and stakeholders across the health authority and supporting clinical planning initiatives that optimize the use of organizational resources to continually improve the provision of client care.
- Strengthening the ability of managers/directors in clinical operations management regarding staffing, problem-resolution, and forecasting staffing requirements; identifying their staffing optimization priorities; achieving clarity on their workforce planning and staffing activities; and aligning their operational staffing models with the organization’s goals, objectives and budget as outlined in the VCH strategic plan.
- Maintains competency on best practice methodology and current approaches to statistical analysis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Baccalaureate (Master’s preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with seven to ten years’ recent, related clinical experience including progressive leadership experience, in an acute care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that includes experience with automated staffing/scheduling systems.
- Strong ability to provide senior advisory services and consultation to leaders throughout VCH utilizing strong communication skills and the ability to persuade and influence to foster collaborative and effective working relationships with stakeholders that promote cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Strong change management, project management and communication principles and best practices to develop and oversee staffing optimization initiatives.
- Demonstrated mastery in the principles of workflow optimization in large acute care organizations.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of current collective agreement provisions, professional standards and various organizational policies and procedures pertaining to staff scheduling.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in change management, stakeholder engagement, communication and project management as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to provide high level consulting services.
- Current knowledge of new developments, trends and research in change management, organizational behavior, communication and recommends/implements best practices accordingly.
- Superior team building, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills to facilitate critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong leader, motivator, coach/mentor, and a team member within a complex setting with the goal of attaining exceptional service, goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff and foster a motivating, engaging and respectful workplace.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in educational theory, research, technology and related best practices to support enhanced coaching, mentoring and educational practices.
- Ability to communicate in a manner that is clear and understandable both verbally and in writing with a variety of audiences.
- Advanced computer literacy with current word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
VCH Management Competencies:
You question actions inconsistent with our values
You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you
You hire great people and expect great things from them
You inspire others with your thirst for excellence
You create an environment where people can flourish and grow
You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group.
Courage to Innovate
You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability
You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 095563-kco.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.