|Job Title: ||Manager, Volunteer Resources - Richmond |
|Work Site: ||Richmond Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - Baseline (0.9 FTE)|
As Manager, Volunteer Resources, you will report to the Director and be responsible for the leadership, development, integration and administration of corporate Volunteer Resources across the multiple sites.
In this role you will:
- Direct the management and operations of the department in keeping with the vision, values, policies and performance accountabilities of the organization.
- Set corporate strategic direction and develops, maintains, and implements systems for effective utilization of volunteers.
- Develop proposals for future development and expansion of services to meet client department needs.
- Act as the key Volunteer Resources liaison with the Richmond Hospital / Health Care Auxiliary to maintain an effective working relationship to support their endeavours.
- Serve as the Richmond Health Services (RHS) representative in liaising with other Volunteer Resources leadership across VCH and external sectors, as well as with representatives from health care organizations, provincial and federal government agencies and others regarding volunteer resources issues and opportunities.
Your key partnerships are with multidisciplinary hospital clients to provide guidance with respect to the availability and appropriateness of services.
Reporting directly to you are the Coordinators of Volunteer Services.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Health Administration or Business Administration.
- Certificate in Volunteer Management from a recognized program
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in a supervisory capacity within a volunteer organization or department, preferably within the health care field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience as a volunteer required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic direction and to analyze and resolve problems efficiently and resourcefully.
- Sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources and budgets of the department in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with the overall goals of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and coordination skills, including ability to performance manage, inspire and direct teams as well as engage and involve stakeholders in the planning and implementation processes.
- Strong ability to negotiate, facilitate, build consensus and effectively collaborate to build relationships that promote the achievement of cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate programs/services considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Expert written, verbal and presentation skills to effectively communicate with various stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
- Strong computer skills necessary to operate a variety of word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 091548-ale.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes February 17, 2017. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.