We currently have opportunities for Patient Services Managers for various areas and programs within within the Metro Vancouver Area of British Columbia.
|Job Title: ||Patient Services Managers|
|Work Site: ||Various Locations in Metro Vancouver|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Vancouver Coastal Health is always looking for strong healthcare professionals who want to leverage their clinical/technical experience and management capabilities to take on leadership roles as Patient Services Managers. With large reporting groups and complex clinical programs and areas to oversee, these high profile roles are a great fit for someone who wants to continue to lead by example and drive change and efficiency.
- Report to the relevant clinical program / unit Director and work in co-management with Medical Managers
- Be accountable for the effective and efficient functioning of a clinical program/unit.
- Play a critical role in linking your portfolio with community health services to address ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families
- Ensure a smooth transition from the acute care environment to appropriate community health services.
- With the Medical Manager, assume responsibility for providing leadership and direction for Operations Management, Utilization and Risk Management and Quality Improvement of the clinical program/unit.
- Achieve excellence in client and family centred care, education and research within a complex multi-site environment that extends to the community.
- Lead interdisciplinary teams and work as a team player with colleagues and co-workers
- Communicate program/unit strategic direction and ensure integration into practice by interdisciplinary team members.
- Define an effective workforce plan for program/unit in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders that will ensure the availability of adequate staff within the context of operational demands and environmental and resource constraints.
- Develop effective and efficient practices and processes to measure use of resources and the quality of care rendered within allocated budget.
- Collaborate in development of the program/unit budget to complement strategic directions within existing fiscal constraints
- Use best utilization methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budget
- Implements effective performance management processes for an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Ensure clarification of roles, adherence to accreditation and practice standards and safe delivery of care.
- Establish partnerships and systems that ensure effective discharge planning and seamless client flow throughout the continuum of care.
- Create an environment of evidence-based practice that encourages participation in research, fosters personal growth and supports opportunities for teaching and education of students and staff.
- You'll work in conjunction with Medical Managers, Directors, Patient Care Coordinators and other Patient Services Managers
- You will collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Depending on the program or unit, up to date registration/membership with the related professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and the ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system required.
- Strong ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Ability to understands available resources for program/unit and keep quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; providing feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and making recommendations for corrective action.
- Experience in facilitating, collaborating and negotiating for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Strong ability to develop and foster collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
- Ability to promotes development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition 090297-jbr
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.