|Job Title: ||Privacy Advisor - Data Release Management|
|Work Site:||VCH Corporate Offices - West Broadway|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until October 2018|
Reporting to the Director, Data Release Management, you will play a key role in assisting the Data Release Management Office (DRMO) with privacy compliance and privacy practices related to the release of health information for research and other secondary uses.
In this exciting and role, you will:
- Provide analytical expertise for specific health authority and provincial initiatives, allowing for privacy risk identification and effective risk mitigation.
- Support health data release management by ensuring that various internal and external stakeholders involved on the process are aware of their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Work in collaboration with the research community, data custodians, data stewards and privacy offices of all provincial health authorities and the Ministry of Health to develop and implement effective and efficient privacy practices in relation to health data release management.
- Provide support in response to emerging trends related to data release and privacy protection and leverage change management skills to enable best practices, privacy improvement and systems integration.
Your key accountabilities in this role will include:
- Acting as the privacy lead to support the operations and responsibilities of the DRMO.
- Developing and maintaining the DRMO privacy framework, policies, tools, processes, education and evaluation processes.
- Working to improve consistency across stakeholder privacy policies and practices, keeping track of external and internal privacy trends and communicates relevant information to members of the DRMO and its stakeholder community.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for privacy inquiries for the DRMO and responding or assigning responsibility for responding to the appropriate DRMO staff.
- Leading in the investigation and resolution of actual and potential privacy breaches affecting the DRMO.
- Leading in the communication, implementation and enforcement of DRMO privacy policies and standards.
- Assisting in the completion of privacy impact assessments and information sharing agreements in relation to DRMO projects and initiatives.
- Project managing in support of identified privacy initiatives to achieve business objectives.
- Facilitating, coordinating and/or providing support as required to organizational committees, planning groups and/or operational/implementation groups.
- Performing other related duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Degree in Health Information Science or related program and five (5) or more years of experience in health information management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in three distinct areas must be exhibited: privacy analysis, project planning/management and technical expertise relating to health information systems and data management.
- Strong and demonstrated knowledge of privacy principles and their application to access and use of health information.
- Comprehensive technical expertise, project/process management, and analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to engage and manage stakeholders in a respectful, tactful and effective manner.
- Effectively utilizes creativity to develop, implement and evaluate privacy and related materials, while being aware of the impact of decisions on the organization and healthcare outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of applicable BC privacy and health-related legislation.
- Strong understanding of how to create effective and efficient processes and systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of computer information systems, databases and electronic information management.
- Ability to effectively build consensus among groups.
- Safe handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments and schedule activities.
- Skilled computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and database programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and database management functions.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 093268-mpe.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately October 2018.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.