|Job Title: ||Program Advisor (Data & Measurement) - Physician Quality|
|Work Site: ||Physician Quality Group - West 6th Avenue|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until March 2019|
Reporting to the Director, Physician Quality, the Program Advisor develops, leads, and coordinates projects, feasibility studies and business cases involving analysis around physician quality and plays a lead role in appropriateness of care analysis, integrating clinical data with other sources of evidence, and assessment of alternate service delivery and practice models.
Key partnerships are with physician leads, executive, and senior level management across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC), Decision Support staff, Quality and Patient Safety staff, and interdisciplinary project team members.
The successful candidate will be an an integral member of the interdisciplinary team that provides decision support to promote physician performance improvement to improve patient outcome and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Planning initiatives that promotes physician quality improvement to continually improve the provision of client care
- As the technical lead, contributing to the development of the project charter, plans, and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables; identifying major milestones, associated tasks and timelines, and monitoring progress and managing deliverables
- Executing project plan according to project methodologies, ensuring successful and coordinated completion of project components and facilitating consensus with stakeholders as needed, ensuring readiness for project implementation
- Carrying out effective identification and analysis of health system issues to support policy recommendations and system redesign plans and assisting in leading and implementing policy development and system redesign projects
- Assisting with strategic decision-making through strategic plan development, appropriateness analysis, system analysis, and operational improvement analysis
- Providing best practice expertise to physician leaders through research, evaluation, forecasting/model development, complex feasibility studies and business cases associated with alternate service delivery models
- Providing confidential analytical report and briefing assistance to the Board and Senior Leadership Team, utilizing national, provincial, and regional information
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Health Planning, Business Administration or Behavioural Sciences, supplemented by postgraduate course work in health care planning or health policy development and analysis
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in senior level planning or program development in healthcare or social services, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Valid B.C. driver’s license
- Competent decision making that manages and considers the potential impact to health authority service provision, client care, unionized and non-contract staff deployment, and financial implications, as well as considers industry trends, Ministry of Health initiatives, and government directions
- Experience in identifying, collecting and analyzing relevant information, including industry-wide assessments and research, to support the health planning, sustainable improvement, and modeling needs of the organization
- Advanced level understanding of health systems information, health services operations, and external health care environment to appropriately analyze complex information, research, and policy mandates
- Strong ability to provide expertise and support in the development of organizational goals and objectives, performance indicators, appropriate databases and statistical and analytical tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills
- A thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, providing feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and making recommendations as required.
- Utilizing initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Strong ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition #089264-jbr.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately March 2019.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- This position will remain posted externally until filled.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to staffpostings.vch.ca for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.