|Job Title: ||Project Coordinator, Governance - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Learn more at www.cstproject.ca
Reporting to the Project Manager for the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project, the Project Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day management of the CST project deliverables including organizing, coordinating and communicating project activities. You will provide the review, evaluation and maintenance of the project documentation, project management tools and executive reports for the project, allowing for proactive and effective risk management in collaboration with other team members.
As Project Coordinator, you will create, maintain and track all project documentation to provide validation to ensure deliverables and objectives are met. and you will support the Project Manager and prepare and coordinate various contracts and other documents as required and ensure that the various internal and external stakeholders maintain a supportive and mutually beneficial working relationship.
Key accountabilities include:
- Defining, updating and enforcing project templates, standards, policies and tools and providing support and training on project methodology, processes, standards and tools to project managers and project teams.
- Creating, maintaining and tracking all project documentation including project plans, status reports, project schedules, project milestones, project responsibilities, contract logs, project issues, project risks, budgets and expenses, project organizational and communication charts.
- Providing proactive project support and accurate status reporting and standardized metrics to the Project Manager and the Director.
- Identifying and understanding key issues and risks related to the respective project through review and assessment of project team documentation and assisting the PM to develop briefing notes, presentations and to gather data.
- Monitoring, tracking and controlling the overall project schedule, scope, timelines and performance of all projects within the scope of CST, including health organization dependent and related projects to ensure projects on schedule and ensures the process for deliverables submission is completed for the timeline.
- Highlighting and alerting the Project Manager to issues and risks and proactively working with other team members to design and implement mitigation strategies.
- Developing and coordinating project onboarding and off boarding procedures
- Tracking the deliverable review and acceptance processes and highlighting issues and works with the Project Manager on mitigation strategies.
- Preparing, coordinating and issuing Requests For Proposal (RFP) and contract documents.
- Responding to ad hoc requests for information and analysis by researching and gathering information required, manipulating database fields, preparing spreadsheets, tables, charts, graphs, reports and presentations as required to summarize information.
- Preparing, coordinating and tracking project change orders.
- Coordinating project reporting requirements and gathering information from project team members.
- Ensuring overall coordination of meetings, and ensuring all meetings are appropriately resourced with resources, equipment and information requirements to ensure meetings run smoothly.
- Acting as the central administrator of the project SharePoint sites and shared drives.
- Providing administrative support as required.
- Contributing to a positive and collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or in a field related to the specific project(s), supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years’ recent, related financial analysis and planning experience in a large, complex service organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in three distinct areas must be exhibited:
- financial analysis
- project planning/management
- technical expertise relating to the specific project(s).
- Adaptable, versatile, strong facilitation skills, strong administrative skills, strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience with project and process management.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication, and with a variety of audiences.
- Advanced word processing, graphical presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to prepare professional presentations and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to high-pressure environments, and adhere to critical timelines.
Qualified applicants are encourage to please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition #093081-ale.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.