|Job Title: ||Project Manager, End User Support - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time - Baseline (1.00 FTE)|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Reporting to the Project Director or Steering Committee, you will leads, direct or contribute to all aspects of the End User Support for the CST Project. In this role, you will:
- Ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan.
- Lead and coordinate project activities including financial responsibility for the project and management of resources as deemed necessary to meet the schedule and budget for project deliverables.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of corporate visions, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive.
- Establish project team(s) and provides leadership, guidance and support to designated project staff.
- Communicate with all levels of staff and management within the Project and/or across VCH to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information.
- Liaise with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
Your projects may involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the provision of strategic information to support those processes and your findings and recommendations may have a direct financial and staff resources impact.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline with seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related experience that includes hospital budgeting, managing large-scale projects, and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned projects/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with overall goals of the organization.
- Initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- A broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- A thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 098425-ale.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- A resume is required to apply to this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.