|Job Title: ||Project Manager I - Mental Health Initiatives|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.8 FTE) - until October 2018|
As a Project Manager, you'll report to the Director, Mental Health and lead and coordinate all aspects of assigned projects for designated programs/services within the Richmond Community of Care (CoC) and/or throughout Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
Working with stakeholders at all levels and inspiring others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of corporate visions, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive, you may provide leadership, guidance and support to designated project staff. You will liaise with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
Projects you will undertake may involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the provision of strategic information to support those processes and the findings and recommendations have a direct financial and staff resources impact.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Establishing detailed project charters, plans and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables, executing the project plan according to project methodologies and ensuring successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed and readiness for project implementation
- Tracking project progress, reporting on project status, major issues/obstacles encountered and making recommendations regarding projects scope changes
- Contributing to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project and participating in the development and monitoring of project budgets within the context of operational demands and environmental and resource constraints
- Keeping stakeholders aware of project status and ensures effective communication channels are in place.
- Participating in establishing the project team by gathering input from stakeholders, identifying needs and skills required, making staffing recommendations and/or decisions and providing leadership and direction to project team members
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline
- Five (5) to seven (7) year's recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Strong business acumen to effectively monitor budgets and execute project plans with stringent timelines.
- Strong initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion
- Demonstrable ability to maintain a broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings
- Ability to maintain a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provide feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required
- Effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes
- Exceptional ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 097630-ale.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately October 2018
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.