Recruitment Services - West 8th Avenue
Reporting to the Manager, Recruitment Services, the Recruitment Associate supports the hiring process of internal and external staff from the posting of positions to receiving and reviewing applications and processing successful applicants.
An integral part of the VCH recruitment team, your role will include:
- Processing documentation related to successful applicant assignment and forward for electronic input (local and foreign)
- Determining salary in accordance with collective agreements
- Using sound working knowledge of collective agreement language in relation to the recruitment process
- Developing standard and ad hoc reports for use within the team (vacancies, position status, time to fill, etc)
- Interacting with other Employee Engagement teams, managers, general staff and the public to respond to telephone and written inquiries about such things as the status of posted positions, employment opportunities, application procedures, salary and timekeeping issues and reference requests.
- Communicating with other organizations and agencies when conducting reference checks, verifying professional credentials and conducting criminal record checks.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Completion of a recognized diploma in Human Resources Management and two (2) years of related experience in a large and complex organization, or a combination of education, training and experience.
- Skilled computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and database programs, e.g. MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Visio is required.
- Thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and other information.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) that will be leveraged when obtaining information, providing routine advice/information and interacting at multiple levels of the organization
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments and schedule activities in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and maintains customer relations.
- Expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents that record and transfer information to various audiences.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.