|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse - CST Project |
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital, North Vancouver|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - Until approximately December 2017 (1.00 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||SEP 11, 2017|
|Salary: ||$32.94 - $43.24 per hour|
| || |
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems.
This is an exciting project that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations. We are looking for Nurses to join us for the first phase of implementation at VCH sites including Lions Gate Hospital and the Sea-to-Sky Corridor.
We're hiring nurses for the following units: Operating Room, Emergency, Post Anesthetic Recovery, Palliative, Endoscopy, Cardiac Care, General Surgery/Medicine and Mental Health Inpatient
In this role you will:
- Provide nursing care to assigned patients/clients working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Receive 30 hours of education and training on the new Cerner Clinical System
- Act as a peer mentor to other nurses on the unit using Cerner while providing front-line care
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care.
- Participate in discharge planning, functions as a client advocate and teaches clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Recent, related experience in the specific unit/department
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively including the ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.casite for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.