Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes.
Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners.
|Job Title: ||Research Facilitator|
|Work Site:||Vancouver General Hospital |
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - (0.5 FTE)|
Reporting to the Director, Stakeholder Relations and Public Affairs, VCH Research Institute (VCHRI) for day-to-day operations, with functional reports to the Medical Director Vancouver Community (VC), the Research Facilitator will provide expert support to the VCH nursing staff, allied health staff, physicians, leaders and researchers engaged in relevant health services/point-of-care research and evaluation within the health authority.
The focus of the Research Facilitator is to:
- Build clinician research capacity, develop and promote research teams and support the health services research/evaluation agenda within Vancouver Community.
- Build collaborative links with academic partners, other health authorities, networks, external organizations, and the Ministry of Health.
- Build clinician research capacity within Vancouver Community takes three forms: facilitating the work of the Research Advisory Committee, assisting teams to develop research projects and providing support for individual clinicians who wish to develop research projects.
- Promote the use of research evidence to inform practice, planning and decision making; and to facilitate innovative health services and policy research.
- Work closely with VCH Research Institute to maximize the use of resources and collaborate on joint initiatives, such as the VCH Research Challenge.
- Master’s Degree in a Health Science or related discipline, supplemented with five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in research.
- Optional: current registration/certification with a recognized provincial regulatory college or association.
- Familiarity with clinical, administrative and/or research environments.
- Possesses and uses strong analytical, financial, organizational, and research abilities to support decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with people in all levels of health care, government and academia.
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to inspire and develop collaborative networks and teams.
- Ability to work independently and as part of interdisciplinary research teams.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Applies exceptional problem-solving abilities to independently resolve issues both efficiently and resourcefully.
- Practices diligence and care when maintaining, monitoring, calculating, and summarizing data, records and confidential information.
- Demonstrated project management and research skills including the ability to initiate, plan and complete research projects with individual clinicians and teams.
- Collaboratively leads in the identification, planning and implementation of ongoing activities to support research initiatives.
- Exhibits advanced verbal, written and technological communication and presentation skills when disseminating information/advice and/or promoting the use of research findings.
- Advanced database software skills such as Redcap are desirable as well as excellent working knowledge of current spreadsheet, graphics, and word processing programs e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
- Knows how to access funding and work with Foundations to create funding opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, and lead the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain research grants and ethic approvals.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition #089421- jbr. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.