|Job Title: ||Plumber, Steamfitter/Pipefitter|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - (1.00 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$31.91 per hour|
|Hours: ||0730 - 1530|
Within the Facility Maintenance and Operations Department and under general supervision, you will
- Perform skilled work in the field of plumbing, steamfitting and piping systems according to standards/regulations;
- Repair and maintain steam distribution and condensate systems, hot and chilled water piping systems and related equipment associated with the heating, glycol, heat recovery, air distribution and associated effluent, sewage and waste disposal, and medical gas, using tools and related equipment; and,
- Prepare appropriate rigging to move equipment.
Education, Training & Experience:
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Plumber, Class B level Gas Fitter's License with an electrical endorsement recognized by the Province of BC.
- Valid Certificate of Competency as a Cross Connection Control Specialist issued by the American Water Works Association, British Columbia Section.
- Two years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Applicants must have service experience to be considered for this role
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, drawings and specifications. Ability to organize work.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.