Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Social Worker - MSW - Home Health|
|Work Site: ||Sunshine Coast Home Care Services - Sechelt, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.61 - $41.94 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1630 Monday to Friday|
Works within a client and family model of care with a variety of acute episodic and chronic disease adult populations and within the context of the vision and values of the organization. The Social Worker practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the British Columbia College of Social Workers and standards of professional practice.
The Social Worker works in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning social work and other services for the client in an interprofessional team model in collaboration with the primary care provider, and other care providers. Assesses service eligibility, facilitates the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan, delivers direct care, and provides care management to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community setting. The Social Worker works in consultation with other system partners and incorporates current evidence into practice.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited University.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers (BCCSW).
- Recent, related experience in Home Health clinical practice in Community.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Broad knowledge of Social work theories and demonstrated ability to implement in practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the BCCSW standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution, mediation, and reconciliation approaches and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a variety of counselling skills when working with clients/families, and group situations, including assisting with behaviour change, transitions, and complex dynamics and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct psychosocial assessments.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client populations.
- Knowledge of Provincial acts and regulations related to Home and Community Care, Adult Guardianship.
- Knowledge of a variety of adult health population groups including acute, chronic disease, palliative, young disabled.
- Knowledge of community resources available for client/family support and related health services.
- Knowledge of transitions through continuums of care.
- Knowledge of other health care professions and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, social justice concerns, and client advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a professional team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through verbal, nonverbal, written, electronic and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, facilitate and coach.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to employ teaching/learning strategies to transfer knowledge to engage clients/families in planning and self-management of care.
- Demonstrated ability to promote staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with clients/families, family care providers and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to social work treatment.
- Ability to operate related equipment and current administrative and clinical computer applications.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.