|Job Title: ||Team Manager, Ambulatory Design - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Learn more at www.cstproject.ca
Reporting to the Clinical & Systems Transformation Team Director, the Team Manager is responsible to ensure best practices and flexibility for future innovations in care are reflected in the design, testing, integration, implementation and integrated work across teams through the Clinical Systems Transformation project and that project deliverables are met within the assigned timelines.
In collaboration with other CST Team Coordinators and Managers and the Service Provider, you'll ensure Clinical Process is the foundation for all phases of the Clinical & Systems Transformation project (CST) across Providence Health Care (PHC), Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) with the goal of improving clinical workflows.
This role oversees design for the Ambulatory component of the CST project.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Leading and overseeing work teams throughout the length of the project from design, through to coordination and implementation taking into account organizational cultural differences, current and future state clinical practice and policies and innovations, and organizational changes required for implementation.
- Providing supervision, guidance and leadership to Clinical Team Associates and Subject Matter Experts using effective management techniques such as coaching, mentoring, skill development, and performance management.
- Leading the gathering of best practices, interdisciplinary research and innovations across the health organizations and ensuring the application of information on best practices and benchmarking from the industry summarized and integrated into working group sessions for consideration to support decision making by leaders. Ensures work is within clinical standards of care.
- Coordinating with other Team Managers and Coordinators to ensure work processes are designed, tested and implemented in alignment with each other.
- Assuming accountability for ensuring that the team meets the deliverables associated with the task group and the requirements for each during each project phase to ensure timely decision making and completion of all associated documentation.
- Reporting out on behalf of the team regarding status updates, project deliverables, and outcomes.
- Coordinating and leading project sessions including meeting preparations, session activities, facilitation and idea promotion during sessions, post session follow up, outcome completion, decision, action and outcome documentation.
- Compiling functionality questions that arise for the Service Provider Solution Builders, preparing for change control and following up on possible policy and procedure changes.
- Coordinating the review of demos or draft builds to ensure accuracy, and ensures issues summarized.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
- Current registration with applicable professional BC College as appropriate, or eligible for membership with applicable professional BC Association
- 5 to 7 years' recent, related leadership and clinical experience.
- Recent, related Ambulatory experience
- Demonstrated supervision, leadership and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team and fostering a respectful, motivating and supporting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to represent both Ambulatory Nursing as well as Nursing across the complete continuum of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical practice and work flows in other health care settings preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LEAN or related process improvement principles.
- Proven ability to engage and coordinate activities within a work setting.
- Proven ability to generate required outcomes from initiatives with specific purpose.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 095587-ale.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.