- Current Opportunities
- Who We Hire
- Why Choose VCH
Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title:||Workplace Rehab Advisor (OT2/PT2)|
|Work Site:||Corporate - VGH Employee Engagement - main site is VGH, but travel to LGH and Richmond Hospital required at times|
|Status:||Temporary Full Time to approx. FEB 08, 2018|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$33.14 - $41.35 per hour|
|Hours:||0830 - 1630, Monday to Friday|
Develops, implements and monitors safe stay at work or return to work plans on the unit to close the gap between the employee’s functional capacity and the job demands.
1. Gathers and evaluates information for employees participating in the workplace rehab program to determine the employee’s limitations and restrictions in order to identify his/her abilities and safe work activities. May do functional testing as part of the intake process to assist in developing a plan that is safe for an employee
2. Determines, based on assessment, appropriate workplace rehab opportunities for employee and coordinates placement on unit/work area. Liaises with WorkAbility Team, HR Advisor designate, HBT, GWL and WorkSafe BC to support and coordinate a safe and timely return to work.
3. Monitors the employee’s progress in their return to work, and revises the return to work program to reflect changes in the employee’s recovery.
4. Explains the goals and objectives of workplace rehab to the employee, assigns transitional tasks and ensures they understand and agree to abide by their functional limitations and restrictions to avoid further injury. Completes required documentation for the program.
5. Liaises with primary care physicians, physiotherapists and others involved in the employees care from the commencement of the program through to return to normal duties/hours or discharge from program to ensure a safe successful return to work.
6. Conducts task and physical job demand analysis to determine the appropriate workplace rehab job descriptions for various employee conditions. Recommends equipment, training and/or other interventions and strategies to assist in employee recovery and return to work and to mitigate or eliminate risk for injury in the future.
7. Educates managers, supervisors and others on the benefits of workplace rehab through methods such as one-to-one or group discussions and/or provision of program materials. Initiates and evaluates feedback from employees, managers and supervisors with a view to ongoing quality improvement and marketing of the program.
8. Coordinates and participates in quality improvement initiatives/activities leading to continually improved services by identifying indicators of quality, collecting data, monitoring variances to expected outcomes, participating in survey development, implementation and analysis and making recommendations for quality improvements based on results.
9. Demonstrates support for professional growth/development by setting plans for own professional development and maintenance/update of clinical knowledge. Reviews progress to ensure goals are achieved within established time frames.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Share this job: