Join the Community
Are you looking for your next challenge – where excitement and building meaningful relationships with clients is routine? If so, a career in Community with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) might just be for you!
VCH is actively recruiting for community health care professionals to partner with clients and their families to promote health and prevent disease and injury. Work with a high degree of autonomy to initiate strategies that will positively impact people and their community.
Community is defined as health care positions within Home Health, Primary Care, Mental Health & Substance Use, and Public Health. Opportunities in these areas exist for both Nursing and Allied Health professionals interested in providing care outside of an acute environment. Working in the Community allows health care providers the ability to provide health services to clients in homes, clinics, drop-in centres, community sites, and child care facilities.
Why work in Community
- Opportunity to develop knowledge of a wide range of medical conditions
- Support and knowledge from interdisciplinary teams
- Develop skills in rehabilitation and palliative, health promotion, prevention, early intervention, education and client counselling
- Independent practice within a supportive multidisciplinary team environment
- A sense of intrinsic satisfaction, while helping the client remain involved in their family life and stay at home
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Wide variety of clients
- High job satisfaction & rewarding relationships