We offer hyperbaric oxygen treatment to patients in British Columbia.
Non-emergency hyperbaric oxygen treatment is offered five days a week for six to eight weeks consecutively. We also have a 24 hour on-call team for emergencies.
Vancouver General Hospital is the only facility in British Columbia that is in compliance with the licensing requirements of Health Canada and the accreditation policies of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC.
Who do we treat with hyperbaric oxygen?We often treat people with the following conditions:
- Diving related injuries
- Carbon monoxide poisoning (from smoke, car exhaust, faulty furnaces, or other forms of combustion)
- Arterial gas embolism (air or gas bubbles in the bloodstream )
- Gas gangrene
- Crush injury
- Compartment Syndrome and other acute traumatic problems where blood flow is reduced or cut off
- Exceptional blood loss anemia brain abscess (an accumulation of pus in the brain)
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections (flesh-eating disease)
- Chronic bone infection (osteomyelitis)
- Delayed radiation injury ( side effect cancer radiotherapy)
- Skin grafts and flaps that are not healing well
- Thermal burns (from fire or electrical sources)
- Diabetic non-healing ulcers
How do I access hyperbaric oxygen service?
You must be referred by a doctor.
Hyperbaric oxygen treatment services
The link below will take you to the Find Services directory listing, which includes descriptions, contact details referral forms and related documents for this service.