We strive to provide you with quality care.
Quality care is best achieved when you, the patient or resident along with your family and friends, become partners in care with us, your health care providers.
As a person receiving care, you can expect:
- To be treated with dignity and respect, without discrimination of any kind; to receive care that is courteous and considerate.
- To receive timely and competent care from qualified staff, in a clean and safe environment.
- To be introduced to us, your care providers, and to be informed of what we are going to do and why we are doing it.
- To receive the necessary information to make your own health care decisions, to ask questions and receive clear answers.
- To have the right to change your mind if you have already said 'yes' or 'no' to a course of treatment.
- To have the right to refuse to participate in research and to discuss not being involved in teaching beyond that which is required for your care.
- To have us maintain your privacy and the confidentiality of your medical information.
To have someone you know support you whenever possible.
To access an interpreter if available.
To be offered services that are accessible and appropriate should you have an impairment or disability.
To have the right to file a complaint
and receive a timely response, without fear that it will affect your care.
As a partner in your care, we expect you and your representatives:
To treat others with dignity and respect, without discrimination of any kind; and to be courteous and considerate of your providers and others.
To inform us of anything that could affect your present condition.
To work with us to develop and decide on a plan of care that meets your needs.
To follow your plan of care to the best of your ability, and to accept responsibility for the decisions you make about your care.
To act in a safe and responsible manner.
To be considerate and respectful of the privacy, diversity, property and other rights of patients, clients, residents, visitors and staff.
To understand our role in health care teaching and research. As such, students, interns and residents may be involved in your care.
To respect Vancouver Coastal Health property, policies, rules and regulations.