VCH Careers is undergoing a small technical issue with our systems. We are aware of the issue, and are working diligently to fix it. Please check back later today and we should be back up and running. Thank you for being patient, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Contact Details

Recruitment Services provides a broad range of hiring services for current employees and potential candidates. Our services include job posting, applicant screening, sourcing, testing, reference checking, and vacancies reporting & forecasting. We strive to deliver the best workforce by providing quality and innovative services.

Have a question? Connect with Recruitment Services: Recruitment.Inquiries@vch.ca


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply to jobs?

The application process varies depending on whether you are an external (non-VCH staff,) internal (VCH staff,) international / out-of-province, or medical staff candidate:

External Applicant | Internal Applicant | International / Out-of-Province Applicant | Medical Staff

Please note we cannot accept applications in person, by fax or by email. For more information, please visit the How to Apply page.

I have applied to an internal posting and did not receive a confirmation. Who should I contact?

Please email us at vchinternalapplications@vch.ca quoting the job requisition number and three letter extension of the position you are applying to, and one of our associates will confirm if your application has been received.

I am experiencing technical issues when attempting to apply to a job posting.

VCH utilizes iCIMS software for the application portion of our online process. If you experience technical issues, please contact iCIMS: helpdesk@icims.com

If you have previously created a profile, please log back in here, to view or edit past applications or to apply for another position.

I have forgotten my Login Name and/or Password.

1) Click “Log in” (also located in the top right navigation bar)
2) Click “Reset Password

How do I submit a different Cover Letter and/or Resume for each job posting that I am applying to?

It is recommended to use a generic CV (to the attention of ‘Recruitment Services’) when setting up your VCH Profile as the system only allows for 1 Cover Letter and 1 Resume to be uploaded to your profile. With the new ICIMS system in place, the most recently uploaded Cover Letter and/or Resume will automatically override the existing one.

How will I know if I have been shortlisted for a position?

If you are shortlisted for a position, you will be contacted either by phone or email to arrange next steps. Please be aware of fraudulent recruitment scams posing as Vancouver Coastal Health.

Which school and/or course should I attend?

Please note that VCH does not endorse individual post-secondary educational facilities. All accredited schools are recognized by Vancouver Coastal Health.

What if I don’t meet the qualifications listed in the job posting that I am interested in applying for?

As we receive numerous applications, only candidates whose background and experience most closely fit the needs of the position will be contacted. We encourage you to review our vacancies, and apply to specific job postings that match your skills and experience.

I have applied on multiple postings but have been unsuccessful, what am I doing wrong?

As we receive numerous applications, only candidates whose background and experience most closely fit the needs of the position will be contacted. We encourage you to visit our website to review our vacancies, and apply to specific job postings that match your qualifications, skills, and experience. In order to be considered, you must meet, or exceed all the qualifications listed on the posting you are applying to.

Do you offer relocation assistance? Who is eligible?

New employees of Vancouver Coastal Health may be eligible for up to $5,000 financial relocation reimbursement for eligible expenses. New employees filling regular full-time, difficult to fill positions are eligible for the relocation assistance.

I am interested in a co-op, practicum placement, and/or volunteer services with VCH, who should I contact?

Requests from an individual seeking a learning opportunity are only considered when the student is affiliated with a school or agency. We ask that requests originate from your faculty, rather than from individual students.

Co-op placements: all placements are coordinated directly by individual academic institutions. Please check with your faculty.

Practicum placements: please visit the Student Practice Education website. You may also send your inquiries to placements@vch.ca

For volunteering opportunities, please visit the Volunteer Resources page.

Close Map

Now hiring for the vaccination campaign. Apply today!

X myStickymenu