Clinical Education offers a Nursing New Grad Program to support your unique needs as a new grad.
This tailored program is available for the first 18 months after nursing graduation and provides learning opportunities to further develop clinical skills and consolidate your practice.
- Have been hired into an RN/RPN/LPN position within VCH
- Have provisional registration or are a licensed practical nurse/registered nurse/registered psychiatric nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Have graduated from a nursing program in the last 18 months, and have not previously participated in a New Grad Program.
Clinical Education has designed two paid workshops created specifically for you. These workshops are currently being offered on-line. Please log into VCH Learning Hub and register for the following courses:
- New Grad Transition Workshop (2 hours): Explores your transition experience from nursing school to independent practice. Personal and professional wellness strategies are reviewed.
- New Grad Clinical Decision Making Workshop (4 hours): Focuses on evaluating and implementing the clinical decision-making (CDM) framework. You will practice application of the CDM framework in a supportive environment during this course.
At the Elbow Support
New Graduate Clinical Nurse Educators are available to RNS and LPNs in acute care medical/surgical/specialty units to provide support in areas such as: clinical skills, clinical decision-making, resource finding, and emotional well-being. Learn more.
We ask you to complete the Nurse Experience Survey by Casey-Fink at the 3, 6, 12 and 18 month mark post-graduation. A link to the survey will be sent to your work email and can be accessed online. The results of the survey are anonymous and will provide valuable information about the new grad experience to help us modify the program to meet your needs.
Via Learning Hub there is a one-stop-shop for online resources under “New Graduate Nurse Team Site”.
For general inquiries about the New Graduate Nurse Program, please email VCHNewGradprogram@vch.ca